Russell and I decided to bake Christmas cookies for all of our neighbors on our street. When I was trying to decided what cookies to make I pinned a lot of recipes on Pinterest, but nothing really stuck out to me. Then one day it just hit me, why not make the cookies that my extended family always requests my mom make when they visit during the holidays? So, I decided that we’d make my mom’s Seven Layer Cookies.
Prep Time: 1 hour
1 stick melted butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 (6 oz) pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (6 oz) pkg butterscotch morsels
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure to spray it well, especially the sides, so the cookies won’t stick too much. (Due to the melted chocolate and butterscotch the sides will stick a little.)
- Layer, in order: butter, cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, coconut, chopped nuts, and evaporated milk.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for a while before cutting.
- Cut into 12+ servings.
- I used a glass casserole dish, but a cake pan would probably work too.
- You may have to mix the butter and cracker crumbs a bit to coat all the crumbs in butter.
- The longer you let them cool the easier it will be to remove the cookies from the pan.