I started to write this post a few weeks ago but didn’t have time to finish it. Then the holidays and visiting family kept me busy, but now I finally have time to finish it. yay! I hope you will give this chicken a try and enjoy it as much as Russell and I did!
———————– ♥ ———————–
Today (12/15/12) I tried a recipe that I have had pinned on my Pinterest food board for a while: Perfect Chicken. There’s a reason it’s called perfect, and that’s because it is. The combination of spices is AWESOME! And the chicken doesn’t come out dry. I was planning to shred and freeze what I didn’t use in a pot pie for tonight’s dinner, but it was so good I’m just gonna serve it with a side for dinner tomorrow. (please forgive the low quality photos; there isn’t really any good natural lighting in my kitchen.)
from the kitchen of: The Recipe Crayon Box
1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
1-1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs.)
2-3 tbsp olive oil (I used canola and cooking spray.)
*I had 4 lbs of chicken, so I quadrupled the spices.*
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Pour olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven, and heat to med-high.
- While the oil heats up, rub the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Once oil is heated carefully add chicken to the pan (in batches if necessary). Cook 2-3 min per side.
- If cooking in batches, return all chicken to the Dutch oven. Place uncovered Dutch oven in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and place chicken on a plate. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting, shredding, or eating.
Note: I do not own a dutch oven, so I browned the chicken in a pan then baked it in a 9×13 glass baking dish. UPDATE: You could also use an iron skillet, which can be used on the stove top and in the oven.